The National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) is an international organization that consists of chapters in middle schools. Membership in NJHS distinguishes students who have committed themselves to the pursuit of academic excellence, community improvement, and personal development. NJHS's focus on academic excellence, service, leadership, and character helps students build the skills and relationships that will ensure success throughout their academic years and beyond. Membership in our local chapter is an honor bestowed upon a student.
Congratulations 2015-2016 officers:
- Christa A. – Officer; Representing the Pillar of Citizenship
- Claire D. – Officer; Representing the Pillar of Service
- Madilyn O. – Officer; Representing the Pillar of Scholarship
- Natalia V. – Officer; Representing the Pillar of Character
- Emily Y. – Officer; Representing the Pillar of Leadership
NJHS is currently offering tutoring sessions for younger students on Tuesday and Thursday mornings before school. This program has been a tremendous success and is benefiting many students. NJHS has also adopted Christina's Garden and will be maintaining this prayer garden throughout the year. All of the organization's fundraising will be applied to the various needs of the garden.